This event is a collaboration between GMCVO and the Greater Manchester Social Enterprise Network (GMSEN)...
An opportunity for social enterprises and trading charities across Greater Manchester to learn, share, discuss and meet others who are part of the social enterprise movement.
Programme now available here
- the political context we’re working in today – Eamonn Boylan, chief executive of GMCA, will talk about social enterprise’s role in a devolved Greater Manchester and in the Combined Authority’s ambitions for the future of the city region.
- how social enterprises and a social enterprise strategy can engage with this political context to create a Greater Manchester (GM) which:
- is a fairer, more inclusive place to live for all
- realises the potential within all its communities
- has a rebalanced economy for everyone to benefit fairly
- enables the sustainable delivery of public services
- what GMSEN, social enterprise networks in GM and GMCVO are doing to strengthen the social enterprise eco-system
LEARN about & SHARE skills and opportunities that will build your capability – including the social investment landscape and how it could work for your organisation and how to promote your organisation and get your message across.
DISCUSS: the power of effective peer support networks for social entrepreneurs and the social enterprise movement, how to measure and communicate the social impact your organisation has, and how we can work together in our communities for a stronger local economy.
MEET: other social enterprises and those who are there to support or collaborate with social enterprise, including Greater Manchester networks and social investors.
EAT: lunch from a wonderful new social enterprise, Heart and Parcel, who were recently featured in the Observer. They bring women from migrant communities together by making dumplings and developing ESOL skills. They fund this great work through mouth-watering supper clubs , market stalls, catering and workshops. Please also see their Facebook page for more info.
Tickets are now £15
GMCVO is covering 75% of event costs as part of our commitment to the GM social enterprise ecosystem. The ticket price is a contribution to the overall cost.
St Thomas Centre
Manchester, M12 6FZ
Additional Course / Event Documents