We are looking for providers to deliver two Scaled Programmes with a focus on community media:
We are looking for providers who can work with people over 50 across Greater Manchester to create media projects that explore particular interests, experiences or ideas that do not necessarily have a broad appeal for all people over 50 but which meets the interests of a particular audience.
2) Greater Manchester through the Eyes of Older People
We would like a partnership of organisations to run a 12 month campaign using a range of media that enables people over 50 to tell us how they are working to reduce social isolation and the changes they are making to the places they live in.
This event is for organisations interested in bidding for this work. It will provide an opportunity to find out more information and ask questions.
- Date: Monday 17th September 2018
- Time: 13:00 pm - 16:00 pm
- Venue: Manchester Art Gallery Lecture Room, Mosely Street, Manchester, M2 3JL
- Booking: To book your free place, please click 'Register now' at the top or bottom of this page.
- Contact: Lucy on email@example.com or 0161 277 1001. For urgent enquiries on the day, a member of the AfA team can be contacted on 0161 277 1010.
The details are as follows:
- We want providers to deliver a range of projects using different media approaches that challenge the idea that ageing is a uniform experience and helps to connect isolated people
- Providers must have strong links and reach into communities at risk of social isolation, especially those from marginalised communities
- Providers can target specific communities either by geography, identity or communities of interest
- The projects that this work creates should be sustainable by the people who have developed them and should promote diversity of outlook as well as diversity of experience
- The work must be delivered in at least 3 of the 8 Local Authority districts which are covered by Ambition for Ageing – Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Tameside and Wigan
- The contract period is from December 2018 – March 2020
- Contract value – we will contract with two providers each will receive £50,000
Greater Manchester through the Eyes of Older People
- We want the partnership to comprise of organisations with production skills, and distribution mechanisms, but who has the ability to engage and mobilise older people at risk of social isolation, especially those from marginalised communities
- We expect the partnership to produce and distribute material which is created with and for people over 50 and directed by them
- We want content to go out throughout the year and to be distributed as widely as possible across GM using multiple channels of delivery.
- The work must be delivered across the 8 Local Authority districts which are covered by Ambition for Ageing – Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Tameside and Wigan.
- The contract period is from December 2018 – March 2020.
- Contract value – £100,000
The afternoon will be structured with two distinct sessions to focus on each of the Scaled Programmes in turn:
- Subculture: 13:00 to 14:00
- Greater Manchester through the eyes of Older People: 14:00 to 16:00
Each session will feature a short presentation, followed by plenty of time for questions. There will be a supported networking session to help partnership development.
Attendees are welcome to stay for one or both sessions. Refreshments will be available throughout the event.
If you have any accessibility or adjustment requirements, please let us know on the registration form or contact Lucy on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 277 1001.
Bidding Document Details:
To access the GMCVO portal you will need to register here: https://www.gmcvo.org.uk/user/register
Once registered, you can access further information about this scaled programme and the GMCVO portal here: https://www.gmcvo.org.uk/tender/current
Manchester, M2 3JL
Additional Course / Event Documents