Communication and Influencing: making an impact - Register Your Interest - March 2017
We are gathering interest and finalising details and are advertising this course as a register of interest to begin with ~~final date to be confirmed, once we get the minimum number of sign-ups to be able to run the course. This 1 day workshop will run on a Thursday in March once enough numbers have registered.
To register your interest in this course, please complete the simple online form.
Learners will explore their own preferences and influencing style and develop a range of skills which underpin influencing ability. On completion of the session, participants will have created a personal influencing strategy detailing who they need to influence and how.
Key points explored:
- What is influencing?
- How does our view of power relate to influencing?
- What are my influencing preferences: how do these serve me well and how might I wish to adapt them?
- Developing influencing skills including:
- Building rapport
- Deep listening
- Trust and authenticity
- How limiting beliefs may affect my influencing ability and how to address them
- Who do I need to influence? Mapping stakeholders
- Creating a personal influencing strategy
Participants will achieve the following outcomes as part of this course:
- Understand what influencing is
- Understand their own influencing style, how it serves them well and how it could be adapted
- Have practiced key skills which underpin effective influencing
- Have identified and addressed limiting beliefs related to influencing
- Have created a map of who they would like to influence
- Have created a personal influencing strategy
The session will be facilitator led, inclusive and takes into account differing learning styles.
It is activity based, creative and often includes a coaching approach. There are many opportunities throughout for participants to put theories explored into practical use. Clear outcomes will be used to ensure that programme aims have been met.
Course date: once we have the minimum numbers, this will run on a Thursday in March
Times: 9.30am - 4.30pm (approx)
Trainer: Claire Bradshaw - click HERE for the trainer profile
Voluntary Sector* Fee: £79
Market Rate Fee: £115 (Statutory and Commercial (corporate Sectors and all organisations (voluntary*) and companies based outside of GM)
* Within the term 'voluntary sector' we include the whole 'third sector' including voluntary, community and faith groups and organisations, social enterprises, co-operatives and other not-for-profit organisations with a social purpose.
St Thomas Centre
Manchester, M12 6FZ
Help spread the word