Assertiveness - Register Your Interest - March 2017
We are gathering interest and finalising details and are advertising this course as a register of interest to begin with ~~final date to be confirmed, once we get the minimum number of sign-ups to be able to run the course.
This 1 day workshop will run in March on a date 'to be confirmed'.
To register your interest in this course, please complete the simple online form.
Managers, project staff and support staff in all aspects of work will experience at some time a situation difficult to handle. These situations may, be between colleagues, between managers and staff or with the public. The use of assertiveness can improve the external effectiveness of your organisation through improving your relationships with individuals and other organisations.
The course examines the issues of assertiveness and its effects on you and on others and is aimed at staff and volunteers who want to understand assertiveness and its value in the workplace as well as to gain personal confidence and development.
- To identify and understand aggressive, passive and assertive behaviours.To develop skills and strategies that will enable an assertive approach to situations.
- To recognise current assertive practices and build upon these in a constructive, achievable way to build self-confidence.
- Identifying the different types of behaviour - assertive, aggressive, passive.
- Understanding verbal and non-verbal behaviour
- Identifying the benefits of assertiveness
- Knowing what stops us from being assertive
- Undertake personal audit to identify your confidence bank
- Confidence breeds assertiveness.
- Applying Fight or Flight in situations and links to Stimulus - Response Model
- Using the three levels of disclosure to aid situations.
- Use of Transactional Analysis to manage situations
- Inner dialogue control
- The skills of being assertive
- How to Making Requests and Say No.
- Identifying assertive solutions to real situations.
- Personal action plans.
Course date: tbc once we have the minimum numbers, this will run in March
Times: 9.30am - 4.30pm (approx)
Trainer: Melanie Windle - click HERE for the trainer profile
Voluntary Sector* Fee: £79
Market Rate Fee: £115 (Statutory and Commercial (corporate Sectors and all organisations (voluntary*) and companies based outside of GM)
* Within the term 'voluntary sector' we include the whole 'third sector' including voluntary, community and faith groups and organisations, social enterprises, co-operatives and other not-for-profit organisations with a social purpose.
St Thomas Centre
Manchester, M12 6FZ
Help spread the word