In early-mid August 2017, we will be looking for providers for the first three Ambition for Ageing Scaled Programmes to be delivered across the eight districts of Greater Manchester where Ambition for Ageing is operating. This event is for organisations interested in bidding for any of the scaled programmes. It will provide an opportunity to find out more information and ask questions.
- Date: Thursday 17th August 2017
- Time: 10:00 - 13:00
- Venue: St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester, M12 6FZ (please click here for travel information)
- Booking: To book your free place, please click 'Register now' at the top or bottom of this page
- Contact: Adele on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 277 1001. For urgent enquiries on the day, the venue can be contacted on 0161 277 1010.
The first round of Scaled Programmes will include:
Scaled Programme 1 – Festival of Ageing
- A fun and informative festival in September 2018 to celebrate diverse experiences of ageing. The festival will highlight and celebrate the contributions of people aged over 50 living in Greater Manchester and challenge many of the stereotypes of ageing. The provider will plan and host a series of events and support people in communities to host their own events too.
- Contract Value – Approximately £80k
Scaled Programme 2 – Community Media
- Lots of people aged over 50 told us that a lack of access to information about what is going on in their communities is a contributor to isolation. We are now looking for a provider who can research this issue and provide an evidence base to help us focus resource where it is most needed. A research and planning stage (Stage 1) will take place between October 2017 and March 2018. The contract may be extended to a delivery stage up to December 2019.
- Contract Value (Stage 1) – Approximately £50k
Scaled Programme 3 – Community Navigators (Round 1)
- A community brokerage service which will target the following three target groups:
- People over 50 with recent hearing loss
- Men over 75 living alone on a low income
- Bangladeshi men and women over 50
- Evidence tells us that these groups are at higher risk of social isolation due to barriers they may face in engaging with mainstream activities, and that the numbers of people in these groups are likely to grow as Greater Manchester ages. Bidders will be able to apply to deliver the service to one, two or all three groups. The provider/s will connect people together with existing activities, services and organisations. This will help people to be more socially connected and help us to learn about the best ways to support people in these groups.
- Contract Value – Approximately £300k (£100k per group)
The day will be structured with three distinct sessions to focus on each of the Scaled Programmes in turn:
- Festival of Ageing: 10:00 to 11:00
- Community Media: 11:00 to 12:00
- Community Navigators: 12:00 to 13:00
Each session will feature a short presentation, followed by plenty of time for questions and networking. Attendees are welcome to stay for one, two or three sessions. There will be a separate room available for networking and refreshments throughout the event.
Please note that some of these details may change a little. Additionally, if demand for this event is excessive, we may have to limit attendance to one person per organisation. We will contact you should this issue arise.
Refreshments will be provided. If you have any accessibility or adjustment requirements, please let us know on the registration form or contact Adele on email@example.com or 0161 277 1001.
St Thomas Centre
Ardwick Green North
Manchester, M12 6FZ
Additional Course / Event Documents