We know that families with pre-school and school aged children have experienced much of the fallout of the effects on the coronavirus pandemic. This Children & Families-focussed assembly will focus on the impact of the pandemic on children, how the VCSE sector has provided support and what is needed to ensure that children aren’t left behind when it comes to ‘building back better’ from the crisis.
This event will bring together VCSE organisations to learn, share and discuss:
- The inequality of the impact of the pandemic on families and how the VCSE has stepped up to provide support
- How does the VCSE sector contribute to the Greater Manchester Children’s Plan due for review in 2022, and other Greater Manchester level policy?
- For those facing the starkest inequalities - how has the pandemic affected their chances to be ready to learn when they start school?
- How the VCSE sector is dealing with the surge in demand for mental health support arising from the pandemic
- Perinatal and parent/infant mental health in lockdown
You'll be hearing from a broad range of organisations including:
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- MH VCSE leadership group
- GM Equality Alliance
To book your place, click on the 'Register Now' button at the top or bottom of this page.
Additional Course / Event Documents