Registration for this event is now closed and no further bookings will be accepted. The event will be video recorded and the recording will be uploaded onto the GMCVO website in due course.
On 6th May 2021, the people of Greater Manchester will elect their Mayor. (The election was originally due to take place on 7th May 2020 but postponed due to Covid-19). The current Mayor is Andy Burnham (Labour).
The Mayor of Greater Manchester has significant decision making powers over budgets and priorities for transport, housing and planning, fire and police services and wields considerable ‘soft power’ across the city region. They will have a significant impact on the future of all VCSE organisations and our ambitions.
This is the VCSE sector's chance to put questions and requests to the candidates in advance of the election, and we encourage you to attend!
All candidates for election as the Mayor of Greater Manchester have been sent a copy of a new ‘Manifesto for the VCSE sector' and have been invited to attend this meeting.
See candidate details below:
- Labour: Andy Burnham (confirmed)
- Conservative: Laura Evans (unable to attend)
- Liberal Democrat: Simon Lepori (confirmed)
- Green Party: Melanie Horrocks (unable to attend)
- Reform UK: Nick Buckley (confirmed)
- English Democrats: Stephen Morris (confirmed)
Please click on the 'Register Now' button at the top or bottom of the screen to book your place.
** Note that this event is open to VCSE organisations based or working in Greater Manchester only **
VCSE organisations in GM (whether they were were planning to attend or not) were asked the following questions, the responses to which will now be collated and used to drive the discussions with mayoral candidates during the event:
1. What is your own biggest issue at the moment?
2. What do you think is Greater Manchester’s biggest issue? (not counting Covid-19)
3. What comment or question would you like to put to the candidates?
Additional Course / Event Documents