Tue, 08 Dec 2020
10:00 - 12:30
You are invited to attend our Free Cancer Champion ‘Train the Facilitator’ course. This course aims to equip Answer Cancer Champions with the skills, knowledge (and above all) the confidence to be able to run a short cancer awareness session.
These interactive sessions cover a range of presentation and facilitation techniques that will enable Champions’ greater opportunities to become more involved within their communities by improving their training communication skills
The course will run for 2 half days over 2 consecutive weeks. Participants will need to attend both sessions to secure their place. Participants will be asked to complete homework.
Session 1: Tuesday 8th December, 10:00am - 12:30pm Register in advance
Session 2: Tuesday 15th December, 10:00am - 12:30pm (automatically enrolled)
By the end of the session learners will:
• Have a greater understanding of the Answer Cancer programme and its objectives
• Learn basic Presentation skills
• Learn basic Facilitation skills
• Understand Learning vs Transforming
• Learn the Principles of Effective Group Working/Group Discussion
• Plan an awareness session
• Understand importance of Feedback and Evaluation
• Use basic tools to engage others
• ‘Takeaways’ & Key messages
• Make a 'Plan' to share learning with others and 'turn learning into practice'
Who is the event for:
The course is aimed at existing Cancer Champions who have completed either ‘NHS Cancer Screening Programmes’ or ‘The Whole Works’ Cancer Champion training (if you are unsure if you qualify please contact email@example.com). There is an ambition that participants will use and pass on their new knowledge by organising an awareness session within their community. We will be following up participants’ progress and offer ongoing support where needed.