Mon, 01 Mar 2021
12:00 - 13:00
The Cyber Resilience Centre for Greater Manchester (CRCGM) March’s webinar will focus on why it’s important to train your staff to become highly effective barriers to cyber-crime, data backups, and why you can't be blackmailed by ransomware attacks.
- How to educate your staff on Cyber Security.
- The importance of backing up your data.
- How the CRC and your managed IT provider can work together.
In recent weeks, police reports have shown a continued trend towards businesses and employees falling victim to phishing emails, phone calls (and texts) from scammers claiming to be working for the NHS (Covid-19 vaccine), HMRC and various banks. This has to lead to loss of data, financial repercussions, compromised accounts and damage to company reputations.
What's covered in this month’s webinar?
In this webinar, you'll be lead by MJ, Senior Ethical Hacker at the Cyber Resilience Centre. MJ will be discussing phishing, the importance of staff training, your IT provider and how to spot the latest threats.
MJ will be joined by our Junior Ethical Hackers, who will be explaining simple measures you and your business can take to ensure you are protected.
This will include;
- Why Security Awareness Training is important for your staff.
- Why all businesses, regardless of size, should make regular data backups.
- What ways the CRC and your managed IT provider can work together.
- Why your email password should be different from your other passwords.
We're hosting this event on Zoom, with a live chat option. All attendees will have the opportunity to talk through any questions they have around cybersecurity, so come prepared!
How to book / contact details:
Register using our Eventbrite link
Who is the event for:
This webinar is aimed at businesses, charities, non-profits and employees based in Greater Manchester and the North West.