Mon, 26 Apr 2021
10:30 - 12:00
Cancer Screening saves lives. Every year, thousands of people in Greater Manchester take part in a screening programme. Why not top up your knowledge and confidence and help yourself, your family members, community leaders and staff?
This 90 mins session aims to increase people’s knowledge and understanding of the 3 NHS Cancer Screening Programmes and the importance of them. The session details: Eligibility, what’s involved, risk factors and protection and prevention messaging. We will equip people with key messages to share with others in order to promote and encourage screening uptake within their communities.
By the end of the session participants will:
• Have greater knowledge of the 3 NHS Cancer Screening Programmes
• Understand: What’s involved, Eligibility, Risk Factors and Protection & Prevention messaging
• Learn ‘key messages’ to share with other
• Understand the importance of screening uptake and early detection
• Know how to sign-up to become a Greater Manchester Cancer Champion
• Make a 'Plan' to share learning with others and 'turn learning into practice'
Additional Training Opportunity: Anyone completing this training course will be given the opportunity to apply for the 'Answer Cancer - Train the Facilitator' sessions, as long as they are willing to use the training to facilitate a cancer awareness session within their community.
Answer Cancer is a Voluntary Community & Social Enterprise sector-led response to cancer in Greater Manchester. It is the working name of the Greater Manchester Cancer Screening Engagement Programme, a Voluntary Sector partnership working to improve cancer awareness across the region.
Who is the event for:
This session is open to anyone living within the Greater Manchester area with an interest in promoting positive cancer awareness messages to family/friends/work colleagues or anyone else within your local community. We hope you will join us and sign up to become a Greater Manchester Cancer Champion - https://bit.ly/QI_Hub