Thu, 22 Jul 2021
12:00 - 13:30
This digital event will explore the learning that the 6 year Ageing Better programme has gathered through its work with older people living in sheltered accommodation.
We know that loneliness and social isolation affects older people living in these settings in different ways. This digital event will be an opportunity to hear from Ageing Better partnerships who will share what they have learnt about the specific issues faced by people living in sheltered housing and what works to support engagement and to enable people to develop and build meaningful social connections.
This will be a lively and participative event, featuring presentations but, importantly, also participative group sessions, so that we can all share our learning together.
We really hope you will be able to be there on the day and to share your perspectives with the wider group.
About Ageing Better
Ageing Better is a seven-year, £87 million investment from The National Lottery Community Fund which aims to support people aged over 50 who are experiencing or at risk of social isolation and loneliness, so that they can lead more fulfilling lives, better connected to their communities. 14 local partnerships are working to ensure that people aged 50 and over are:
- less isolated and lonely
- more actively involved in their communities, with their views and participation valued more highly
- more engaged in the design and delivery of services that improve their social connections
- recognised for their positive contribution to society.
Ageing Better also supports:
- services that improve social connections to be better planned, co-ordinated and delivered
- the development of better evidence about how to reduce isolation and loneliness for people aged over 50, in order to improve the design of services in the future.
How to book / contact details:
Book on Eventbrite using the link below.