Tue, 21 Sep 2021
12:30 - 14:00
Culture Health and Wellbeing: one of a series of online events to disseminate and discuss learning from the 3-year Great Place GM programme.
Take part in the debate about the role of arts and culture in a post-pandemic world.
The Great Place GM Online Conference is a series of 4 lunchtime webinars taking place over 4 weeks and focusing on the 4 main themes of the Great Place GM programme:
- Culture, Health and Wellbeing
- Creative Ageing
- No One Left Out
- Our Place.
At each webinar, you will hear about project successes and lessons learnt, programme outcomes and how we are taking this work forward across Greater Manchester. Our partners from the worlds of health, housing, arts, heritage, local government and the voluntary sector will give their perspectives, and there will also be an opportunity to take part in a Q&A with participants.
During this session, we will explore:
- how our groundbreaking publication, 'A Social Glue', gives GM a framework to respond to The Marmot Review and the GM Inequalities Commission
- how Great Place GM has driven the concept of Greater Manchester as the first Creative Health City Region
- how innovative cross-sector partnerships have contributed to the improved wellbeing of GM residents.
- how culture has been pivotal to the development of a children and young people’s social prescribing programme.
We will discuss how we can take forward the learning and influence policy and allocation of resources nationally.