Thu, 30 Sep 2021
12:30 - 14:00
Creative Ageing: one of a series of online events to disseminate and discuss learning from the 3-year Great Place GM programme.
Take part in the debate about the role of arts and culture in a post-pandemic world.
The Great Place GM Online Conference is a series of 4 lunchtime webinars taking place over 4 weeks and focusing on the 4 main themes of the Great Place GM programme:
- Culture, Health and Wellbeing
- Creative Ageing
- No One Left Out
- Our Place.
At each webinar, you will hear about project successes and lessons learnt, programme outcomes and how we are taking this work forward across Greater Manchester. Our partners from the worlds of health, housing, arts, heritage, local government and the voluntary sector will give their perspectives, and there will also be an opportunity to take part in a Q&A with participants.
During this session, we will explore:
- how culture and creativity has enhanced Greater Manchester’s reputation as a great place to grow older.
- what makes a thriving, creative ageing ecosystem; from supporting older artists to thrive to developing audiences and age friendly programming.
- the successes, challenges and learning from the roll out of our flagship project, Culture Champions, across Greater Manchester.
- how to take forward the learning and influence policy and allocation of resources in GM and nationally and how and why invest in Creative Ageing and - what outcomes and impacts to expect the role of culture in challenging stereotypes around ageing.