Thu, 21 Oct 2021
12:30 - 14:00
One of a series of online events to disseminate and discuss learning from the 3-year Great Place GM programme.
Take part in the debate about the role of arts and culture in a post-pandemic world.
The Great Place GM Online Conference is a series of 4 lunchtime webinars taking place over 4 weeks and focusing on the 4 main themes of the Great Place GM programme:
- Culture, Health and Wellbeing
- Creative Ageing
- No One Left Out
- Our Place.
At each webinar, you will hear about project successes and lessons learnt, programme outcomes and how we are taking this work forward across Greater Manchester. Our partners from the worlds of health, housing, arts, heritage, local government and the voluntary sector will give their perspectives, and there will also be an opportunity to take part in a Q&A with participants.
During this session, we will explore:
- how local authorities are engaging communities beyond consultation, and with creativity, to have more meaningful conversations about the places where they live
- the renewed focus on place-based working and what this means for the cultural sector and the partnerships we develop
- new approaches in the development and animation of towns and high streets - what have we learnt and what next?
- how we are building back fairer with wellbeing and creativity at the heart of communities.