Tue, 16 Nov 2021
11:00 - 16:00
In this one-day event, we will explore the relationship between activism and voluntary sector research. We invite presentation proposals from academia and from practice that illuminate the potential and challenges of integrating personal activism and voluntary sector research. Many voluntary sector researchers are motivated to produce research that contributes to social change and reflects their own commitment to challenge social norms, but institutional pressures, performance measures, and ideas about what constitutes ‘good research’ often mitigate against such integration.
This free event will explore:
· The divide between voluntary sector studies and activist research
· The potential for integrating personal activism and voluntary sector research
· Research methodologies for integrating activism and voluntary sector research
· The challenges of integrating activist goals into a successful research career
· The opportunities presented by the current emphasis on knowledge exchange and research impact in higher education
How to book / contact details:
Online links for the morning and afternoon sessions will be sent one week before the event. Book using the link below.
Who is the event for:
This event will also incorporate the AGM of the Voluntary Sector Studies Network to be held over the lunch break. Further details will be circulated to all VSSN members.