GMCVO, working in partnership with 10GM, have launched a grants programme to support adults from communities of identity or experience, based in Greater Manchester, that may struggle to achieve higher levels of mental wellbeing.
The communities we want to reach are:
• Adults from black asian minority ethnic (BAME) communities
• Adults living with long term physical and mental health conditions
• Disabled adults
• Socially isolated older people
• Military veterans
• People who are unemployed
• Adults who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning/queer and/or intersex (LGBTQI)
• Adult carers
Funded by Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership, a total of £175,000 will be given out between now and December 2020.
The grants will be awarded, in stages, to small, grass roots voluntary and community groups and social enterprises that will support people to develop higher levels of mental wellbeing.
The first stage, a rolling micro grants programme, ended on 30th June 2020.
The second stage, also a rolling micro grants programme of £100 - £500, ended on 31st August 2020.
The third stage, a further rolling micro grants programme will run until 11th December 2020.