Government consultation on Work, Health and Disability
The Government are consulting on how to support more people with disabilities and long term conditions into work and what changes to the system this would require.
The consultation looks to understand why disabled people and people with health conditions might be unable to get a job or keep one, and to recognise the wide range of conditions and circumstances they face.
The UK employment rate is the highest since records began, but there are fewer than 5 in 10 disabled people in employment, compared with 8 in 10 non-disabled people, and this has been the case for several years.
They want to hear from:
- people with health conditions and disabled people
- both large and small employers
- employability professionals
- health and care professionals
- families, friends, teachers and carers
- local leaders and commissioners in health, social care and local authorities
- voluntary and community organisations
The closing date for the consultation is the 17th Feb 2017.