The GM Equality Alliance Working Group are looking to recruit up to ten additional members to ensure we have even coverage of the ten GM localities, and people who can advocate for all of Greater Manchester’s most underserved and marginalised communities.
Please help spread the word and feel free to nominate anyone you think might be interested. We are looking for people who:
• Have an in-depth understanding of particular disadvantaged communities within Greater Manchester
• Have the ability or potential to contribute to high level meetings, and to share the views and needs of the communities they represent
• Enjoy working collaboratively and collectively to contribute to an intersectional understanding of power and inequality
• Appreciate the value of strategic policy influencing work, as one means of achieving long term change at GM level
• Are connected into other local or GM groups and networks
• Can commit to a monthly 2-hour daytime meeting and to spending up to 2 more hours a month on GM=EqAl tasks
We would encourage anyone with the above interests to apply, even if their main areas of expertise coincide with those of the existing members. However, our priority areas for recruitment (due to lower current representation) are: Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford, as well as people with strong links to anti-poverty work, disabled people, young people, older people, carers, the criminal justice system and homelessness. We are always seeking new members from communities experiencing racial inequalities.
A bursary of £750 a year is available to those who would otherwise face financial barriers to getting involved in work outside of their organisation.
If you would like to suggest someone, please contact email@example.com
If you would like to be considered yourself, please complete this form by Monday 30th May. The Steering Group will meet as a decision panel in early June.