We are pleased to report that today 27th January 2017 the Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership Board agreed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise sector.
The MOU has been negotiated on behalf of the VCSE sector by GMCVO and the VCSE Reference Group. It will apply to work at both GM and locality levels and provides the framework for a very inclusive approach including co-design and co-delivery, representation and resources. We would like to offer special thanks to all those who participated in Assemblies, round tables, executive meetings and other discussions during 2016; your efforts have been greatly appreciated by public sector colleagues and have amply demonstrated the breadth, depth and significance of your work and thinking.
The MOU includes a five-year commitment to collaborate towards shared outcomes:-
• A step change in the understanding and involvement of people and communities in the transformation of health and social care.
• Better services and greater support for the public.
• The development of Local Care Organisations with highly bespoke local place-based characteristics
• Increased mutual learning and continuous professional development
• Increased leverage of the talent, capacity and social value of VCSE organisations above and beyond whatever is commissioned from it
• Effective development of VCSE activity.
Read the MOU here