Invitation to Tender – Greater Manchester Talent Match project – Mental Health Support
GMCVO is seeking tenders from potential providers in relation to the Greater Manchester Talent Match programme. We are looking for an organisation to deliver; a service that would provide signposting, information and training for Talent Coaches on the programme, to enable them to better support young people who are experiencing difficulties with their mental health and emotional wellbeing; and where there are gaps in services to provide direct support to young people on the programme. At present this is presenting a major barrier to young people entering into employment.
It has been identified that many of the young people on our programme experience difficulties with their mental health and emotional wellbeing. Our Talent Coaches tell us that this is presenting a major barrier to young people entering employment. They also state that support is not always easily accessible and is inconsistently available across Greater Manchester.
Our aim is that the project would;
- Increase the number of young people entering employment
- Increase Talent Coaches skills and knowledge of services and interventions
- Provide direct support to Young People (where required) on Greater Manchester Talent Match
- Demonstrate the link between providing supporting young people experiencing mental health difficulties and their ability to gain and sustain employment
- To deliver a service across the whole of Greater Manchester region
- Provide additional support where required for our Talent Coaches (where additional external supervision is needed)
We are aware that this is a 11-month project and our expectation is that the preferred provider(s) will be in a position to provide an immediate start in January 2018, with staff and resources already in place.
Impact required from the provider:
- To increase the awareness and knowledge of Talent Coaches relating to mental health and emotional wellbeing services and interventions
- Direct support for young people in managing their mental health and wellbeing
- Support the evaluation on the impact of the Talent Match programme.
Outputs that we are looking to achieve:
- A signposting service accessible for Talent Coaches. This would include working with the GMTM Opportunities Hub Officer to update the information on the Greater Manchester Talent Match Services Directory and providing information to Talent Coaches over the phone where necessary.
- Providing support to Talent Coaches in how to support the young people they are working with. This will include group training sessions (e.g. Mental Health First Aid) and where necessary individual advice.
Direct support and individual interventions for young people, where support is not already available in a timely fashion in their area. This may be in the form of short term Talking Therapies or/ individual support in managing stress.
A total of up to £80,000 (inclusive of all incidentals and VAT) has been set aside for this work.
To assist the process Greater Manchester Talent Match will be holding a briefing event on Wednesday 22nd November 2017 (10.30 am to 12.00pm) at GMCVO to allow potential bidders to ask questions and find out more information with regards to the procurement to assist with their proposal design and final application completion. Please see link below to book a place at the event (please note there are limited places)
If you have any questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page:
Applications must be received by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post Greater Manchester Talent Match, GMCVO, St Thomas Centre, Ardwick Green North, Manchester M12 6FZ by 12 NOON FRIDAY 15TH DECEMBER 2017 marked ‘Talent Match Mental Health Support bid – Private and Confidential’