Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) has partnered with the 10 local authorities to support Solar Together Greater Manchester. By generating solar energy with a solar PV system, you will actively contribute to increasing local electricity generation and reducing carbon emissions.
Solar Together Greater Manchester is a group-buying scheme that helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. Registration: you register before 22nd October for free and without obligation at www.solartogether.co.uk/GMCA. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: a supplier ‘auction’ will be held on 22nd October, when our approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
3. Personal recommendation: from 11th November you will be contacted with a personal recommendation, based on the specifications of your roof. This includes your costs and specification of your solar panel installation.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 13th December to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2020.
FIND OUT MORE
For more information about the scheme, visit our Solar Together Greater Manchester website (www.solartogether.co.uk/GMCA) where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available to answer any further questions.