GMCVO-led Ambition for Ageing’s Working Potential has released a briefing that outlines how VCSE organisations can support older carers as employees or potential employees and therefore lead by example in this area.
Key points from the briefing include:
- Leading by example doesn’t have to be expensive.
- Simple adaptations can make recruitment and working practices, flexible for all and raise an organisation’s profile to one of an employer of choice.
- Flexibility in workplace practices aids staff retention, widens the pool from which you recruit and improves staff loyalty and morale.
- Adopting and promoting a carers policy consistently across an organisation means staff know their entitlements and feel confident discussing their needs with an understanding employer, resulting in a reduction of sick leave and an increase in staff resilience and productivity.
- Ensuring recruitment is flexible and inclusive, demonstrates VCSE principles in action.