Ageing Equally Policy Officer (BAME)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Role Type: Part-time
Location: Manchester (currently from home)
Number of Hours: 17.5
Salary Details: £26,317 pro rata
GMCVO is the voluntary sector support organisation for the Greater Manchester city region. GMCVO also hosts Ambition for Ageing, a cross sector partnership that helps to build age friendly places in Greater Manchester by tackling inequalities. Working in partnership with the Greater Manchester BAME Network, and funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, we now plan to deliver a project which seeks to support community organisations to play a larger role in debates on ageing policy within Greater Manchester. The project will highlight the specific challenges faced by different communities and the opportunities that exist for these communities to play an active role in helping people age well.
The post holder will:
• Support community groups to develop funded activities that help generate insight on challenges faced and community strengths.
• Develop campaigns to promote community views and research findings to policy makers and commissioners.
• Support BAME leaders to understand policy making structures and processes related to ageing policy.
• A fixed contract until 31/03/2022.
• 22 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata).
• Flexible working including flexitime, option for some home based working, part-time opportunity, and will consider other adjustments including job-share opportunity, full-time hours condensed into a shorter week.
• A location close to Manchester City Centre.
GMCVO is committed to fairness in our recruitment processes. This includes ensuring all candidates are assessed against the same questions and we do not discriminate against candidates with gaps in their employment record.
There is full access to the St Thomas Centre. We are Open to All and Real Living Wage Employers.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 26th November 2020 at 9am
Closing Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020